PERMANENT DRIVING LICENSE
Documents Required for Permanent License:
- Form no. 4
- Appropriate fee as specified for the test of competence to drive and issue of license
- Proof of citizenship. (Attested photocopies)
- A driving certificate in Form No. 15 & 14 issued by the school or establishment from where the applicant received instruction.
- Your original licence in case of endorsements of categories.
- The vehicles for test which category you are applying the licence.
- One recent passport size photograph
- Nationality Proof.
- An effective learner’s license to drive the vehicle of the type to which application relates
Remember to bring your original documents along with the above attested photocopies. All photo copies to be attested by Gazetted Officer or Notary Public.
Eligibility for Permanent License:
- You should have a valid learner licence.
- You should apply after 30 days and within 180 days from the date of issuance of learner licence.
- You should be conversant about the vehicle systems, driving, traffic rules & regulations.
Procedure of issuing for permanent licence:
After scrutiny of your documents you will be put through the driving test. For driving test you have to bring your vehicle with you and deposit of prescribed fee.
Driving Licence validity
Your licence is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or till you turn 50 years of age, whichever happens earlier. However, if your licence is for a commercial, passenger or goods vehicle it must be renewed after every three years.